Many of us dream of looking in the mirror and seeing thick, gorgeous hair that looks like it belongs to a goddess. While not everyone can be born with thick hair, that doesn’t mean it’s an impossible goal.
Hair extensions have become a beauty secret for many women. However, when you first start looking into hair extensions, the choice can feel a little overwhelming. Wefts hair extensions are just one of the options available to you, but how do you know if it’s the right choice for you?
Why Weft Hair Extensions?
There are many good reasons to choose weft hair extensions over other options. Here are some of the most important reasons.
Choose your level of thickness. Weft hair extensions can be customized to help you achieve the right level of thickness for you. During your installation appointment, your stylist will help you choose and cut your extensions to match the texture of your natural hair and achieve the thickness you want.
Minimal damage. Many women worry about how much damage hair extensions will do to their natural hair texture. Wefted hair extensions are sewn into your natural hair, which means no chemicals or heat are needed. Some wefts are attached with beads, which can damage thinner hair. However, sewn-in weft extensions are ideal for most hair types and will not damage your natural locks.
Experiment with color and style. If you’ve always wanted to highlight your hair or try a new style without a long-term commitment, wefted hair extensions make it possible. Simply color or cut your hair extensions to achieve your dream look.
Natural looking results. Wefted hair extensions are so close to the scalp that when they are properly fitted, they look completely natural. No one will be able to tell you have hair extensions, even if you have to wear a top coat.
Caring for Weft Hair Extensions the Right Way
Once you decide to install the weft extension, here are some tips that will help keep it feeling soft and looking natural.
- Detangle with care. Keeping your hair free of tangles is an important step in maintaining your wefted hair extensions. Use a wide-tooth comb or ring brush to remove any tangles before washing your hair or going to bed. Ring brushes have looped bristles and are gentler on hair extensions. When you comb through your extensions, make sure you start at the ends of your hair and work your way up. Try not to put too much pressure on the extensions as this can pull them out and create an uneven appearance.
- Use only sulfate-free. You should not use any shampoo on your hair. Hair extensions require sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. When washing your hair, move gently and massage your hair in circular motions. Try to stay away from the area of the suture and do not scrub the roots of your hair.
- Be careful with conditioners. When you condition your hair, use product only at the roots and below the seam portion of the weft extensions. You also don’t want to apply too much conditioner. Too much conditioner paired with your hair’s natural oils may cause your extensions to slip.
- Dry your hair thoroughly. Now you have more hair that needs drying because you have hair extensions. Make sure you completely dry your hair or the extensions may become loose. You should also always use a heat protection spray before drying and styling.
- Do not use a curling iron right away. It is best to avoid heat styling for the first few days after wefted hair extensions are installed. You should even avoid tying your hair back for a few days. The reason for this is that hair extensions may fall out if they are pulled too soon after installation.
- A silk scarf is your friend. Before going to bed, wrap your hair in a silk scarf. This will keep your hair extensions protected and help prevent frizz. If you don’t have a silk scarf, tie your hair into a loose ponytail.
Wefted hair extensions can be one of the best investments you can make in your appearance, especially if you have them installed by a professional and care for them properly.
If you are still unsure if weft hair extensions are the right choice for you, schedule a consultation with a professional stylist. This way, your natural hair type, lifestyle and preferences can all be taken into account and you can consider your different options. If you are new to the world of hair extensions, it is a good idea to get professional guidance. This will also ensure that you only purchase high quality hair extensions that will last and most importantly, look great!