In order, to make thin hair extensions that look beautiful and do not damage your natural strands, it is important to know how to choose the best thin hair extensions.
Not every hair strand is suitable for thin hair extensions. This is why there is a belief that thin hair and hair extensions are incompatible.
The problem is that soft, thinning hair extensions just can’t hold a lot of weight. As a result, it can cause damage to your natural hair and even shedding.
However, all this can be avoided if you know which type of hair to choose. Read all about the best hair extensions for thinning hair in our article.
Are Hair Extensions Bad for Thin Hair?
If the extension is done correctly, there should be no problem.
The problem arises in the following cases.
- Hair stylists use too large of a bond when doing fusion hair extensions. For thin hair, it is best to use micro bonds. By the way, they can help achieve invisible hair extensions for thin hair,so that no one will guess that you are wear hair extensions.
- Hair stylists apply unsuitable hair types, such as thick Asian hair, which has a more dense structure. Such hair can be noticeable in natural hair and create too much tension on the roots.
- Hair stylists use too much hair (hair can have a proper structure, but its weight is too heavy). In this case, the heavy weight can weaken the roots of the hair. Therefore, if we are talking about thin hair strands, the best option is lighter hair extensions.
- Hair stylists are not good at hair extensions technique or do not follow it properly. Because of this, many clients wonder if hand-tied hair extensions are suitable for thin hair. Hand-tied hair extensions can subtly change your style to achieve the desired length and volume. The same can be said for keratin bonded hair extensions. Both techniques, when done properly, are safe for the health of your fine hair.
To avoid all this, INCH Hair recommends.
- Decide if you can have hair extensions. If your thin hair is prone to breakage or shedding, then you can’t have hair extensions!
- Find a stylist who knows the nuances of working with soft thinned hair.
- Choose the right hair structure.
Best Hair Extensions For Fine Hair
Looking for the best hair extensions for fine hair?
We at INCH Hair recommend the Virgin Human hair extensions – premium quality hair that is perfect for soft and thin curly hair; also for those with natural hair without color.
Top 5 Advantages Of Virgin Hair
Thinly structured, lightweight virgin hair extensions do not put too much pressure on the roots, so you won’t feel any discomfort while wearing them.
Such hair extensions are considered to be the least damaging fine hair extensions on the entire market: with them, your natural hair will be safe and sound!
Safe for Natural Hair
This is one of the best types of thin hair extensions that are finely treated without the use of caustic chemicals. Due to this, it is possible to maintain the natural state of the hair cuticle. You will not only get the most beautiful, soft and silky hair, but you can be 100% sure that this product is safe for your health.
Any Style You Wish
You can design your hair the way you like: curl or straightened, braid or high tail. Such a look won’t interfere with your usual lifestyle: you can work out, go to work or parties, swim in the pool and make sure you always look perfect, just like you used to.
Such hair can serve you for more than 1 year with regular re-application and proper care.
You can choose the color and structure of your hair close to your natural strands. Due to this, you will get the results you have always dreamed of.
The thickness of these hair is medium to low, so this option is suitable for those who want to try hair extensions for very fine thin hair.
In addition, you can buy colorless hair extensions, which are ideal for those who have natural hair color In this case, every time you will get a unique product with a distinctive shade.
Of course, these are not all the advantages of native human hair extensions.
Read this article to learn more about the characteristics of this type of hair.
We know how to choose authentic Virgin Hair and will be happy to help you pick out the best products for your hairstyle!
Baby Hair Extensions For Thin Hair
When it comes to choosing the right material for thinning hair, many clients may have heard of baby hair extensions. It is soft, undyed hair that is usually used for very fine thin hair extensions.
For whom this would be perfect.
- Those who want extensions for the thinnest areas of natural hair: for example, bangs or temples.
- Clients who make hair extensions for very thin hair, they can not use strands with different weight and structure.
Discover The Various Types Of Hair Extensions And Learn About The Best Types Of Hair Extensions For Thin Hair.
Not every technique is safe for natural hair and suitable for fine, limp hair.
INCH Hair recommends the following as the best hair extensions for thin hair
Tape-in Hair Extensions
Tape in hair extensions are a relatively new technique that is best for women with thin or fine hair. Tape extensions are taped to your natural hair (stuck between your own hair like a sandwich) and are 1.5 inch wide weft lines that are applied in rows. The tape weft is thin and light enough not to leave any damage. The beauty of this type of hair extension for thin hair is that it can be applied in a single method to fix it. Instead of gluing two tape weft extensions together like a normal tape application, one tape weft is placed on the hair and the other side is sealed with a single-sided tape. (Watch the video here) This is the best solution for thin hair. It provides long term wear without causing any damage to thin hair. Tape in hair extensions do not require any tools or chemicals. INCH Hair does not even require the addition of glue or flat irons like other companies do. That is going to damage your hair in the long run. Our organic hair extension method is 100% natural and is a hair extension solution for women with thin hair.
Clip-in Hair Extensions
Clip-in hair extensions are temporary hair extensions that can be removed as often as you like. With this type of hair extension, it does not hold well in thinning hair due to the weight of the clip-in. Clip-in hair extensions do not hold in thinning hair due to the weight of each weft, and they tend to slip out, especially if you want to wear them every day The stress that clips put on thinning hair can cause further damage and lead to baldness. Clips are not the best choice if you want to have full hair every day.
Fusion Hair Extensions
Fusion hair extensions have keratin bonded to the ends of the hair and ultrasound to soften the keratin for bonding during application. These types of hair extensions are quite expensive and the installation process can be lengthy. Not a good choice for women with thinning hair.
Micro Links Hair Extensions
Micro link hair extensions are made with a special tool that holds each extension in place, strand by strand, over your natural hair. These links are similar to screws that clip together and can damage your hair shaft. The weight of each hair strand pulls and can ruin your hair in the long run.
Hand-tied Hair Extensions
Hand-tied hair extensions are also great for people with thinning hair because they do not damage the hair. First, sew-in extensions are free of tape, glue and heat, all of which are damaging factors to natural hair. Second, hand-pulled weaves are made to fit your needs. Third, they are 60% thinner than machine hair extensions, so they are great for thin hair.
How To Apply Hair Extensions For Thin Hair?
To door fusion or hand tied weft extensions, you need to find an experienced hair technician who knows how to hide hair extensions in thin hair.
The process of fusion hair extensions is as follows.
- The stylist makes the mark – they will plan the hair extensions accordingly.
- The strands are held in place with keratin bonds. Typically, the process starts at the back of the head and gradually transitions to the temples and top of the head.
- The hair extensions are hidden under your natural hair, due to which the hairstyle looks absolutely natural.
Hand-tied wefts hair is as follows.
- A thin braid around the head.
- Sewn handmade weft to the braid.
Both methods of hair extensions are very suitable for thinning short hair. The only condition is that your hair should not be shorter than 3-4 inches (7-10 cm).
Clip-in hair extensions are considered to be the best for fine hair. You can always remove and put on extensions.
Now we will show you how to wear clip-in hair extensions for thinning hair.
- Open the clip-in.
- Decide on the position of your hair extensions: they need to be covered by natural hair.
- Secure them close to the roots and make a hairstyle according to your plan. Done!
The whole process usually takes less than 5 minutes.
Things You Should Not Do When Applying Hair Extensions To Thin Hair
You may have heard of hair extension techniques such as tape-in, machine weave and microbead/microloop.
If you’re getting extensions in thin hair, these methods are definitely not the way to go, and here’s why.
The tape is attached to your own hair according to the sandwich principle: natural hair on the inside, with the tape on top and underneath. Not only is this more dramatic, especially on fine hair, but it also creates extra bulk.
Microbeads/micro-rings are often positioned as one of the safest ways to change your hairstyle. In fact, this is not always the case. Locks are held in place by metal rings. This greatly weakens the hair shaft as the metal adds weight to the entire hairstyle.
Machine hair extensions are performed on special machines, not by hand as in the case of hand-held hair extensions on thinning hair. They become heavier and coarser because the instruments used to sew the weft do not capture the fine hair strands.
Keratin bond hair extensions can also damage your natural hair if you use too large a bond.
Please choose other hair extensions for thin fine hair that we recommended earlier in the article!
How To Take Care of Thin Hair Extensions
In addition to hair extensions for thinning short or long hair, it is important to choose the right care.
Let’s start with washing your hair:
- We recommend using warm water, preferably standing directly under the shower. This is especially true for thin hair fusion extensions, as this will help extend the life of the bond.
- Consult your stylist about which shampoo is best for your hair type.
- Also, choose an appropriate conditioner and mask. By the way, these should not be used on hair bundles/braids where they are attached. Use conditioner every time you wash your hair and use a mask once a week.
- Do not dry extensions naturally – wet hair is more fragile due to its weight. Use a hair dryer, but avoid high temperatures.
- Don’t work with hot air and don’t hold the hair dryer too close.
- Always apply heat protection before using a hair dryer.
Combing is an important care step for thin hair permanent hair extensions.
- This beauty procedure Also, you must comb your hair before washing it.
- Direction of combing: from the ends of the hair – upwards, to the roots. Comb as carefully as possible so as not to pull out the extensions along with the natural hair.
- Choose a hair extension brush, which will gently detangle the curls and give them a healthy silky look.
In addition, you should have silk scrubbers. Silk accessories minimize damage to your hair: they prevent tangles, they help keep your hair moisturized, they are streak-free and comfortable to use every day.
You can also buy silk pillowcases: with them, your hair will look silky and beautiful every day!
Do Hair Extensions Cause Thinning Hair
Worried that hair extensions will cause thinning hair?
Stress, malnutrition, health problems and genetics often lead to thinning hair. However, hair extensions can also be a damaging factor to your hair.
If you find that your previously healthy and strong hair has become so thin after hair extensions, there may be several reasons why.
- You used too much hair, which caused hair loss (due to the weight of the extensions being too heavy).
- Fused extensions: the stylist did not install the adhesive correctly (too close to the roots).
- Sutured extensions: the stylist braided the hair too tightly, which also caused thinning of the curls.
How to understand hair extensions is incorrect.
- For fused extensions: the bond is too tight and there is a tingling sensation because it is installed too close to the scalp.
- For sutured hair extensions: the braids cause redness and itching of the scalp, as well as strong tension in the curls.
- If the procedure is correct, then all these unpleasant sensations should pass after 3 days, or not appear at all.
Where Can I Buy Hair Extensions For Fine Hair in Canada、UK and USA?
At INCH Hair, you can buy real native human hair extensions and order to make permanent thin hair extensions (hand-tied weaves or make keratin keys) or clip-in hair.
You can buy long and short thin hair extensions. Smoothed, wavy and curly hair. All handmade and custom made . Products are custom made to your individual requirements.
Our products are made with your health in mind: we offer the safest thin hair extensions that will not damage your natural hairstyle and will help make it more beautiful.
It is important to consider how much weight, pressure and tension hair extensions have on your natural hair. For fine or thin hair, you should look for the lightest density for hair extensions.
When giving hair extensions, it seems that strand-by-strand extensions are the lightest in weight. However, you must take into account the damage that may be done to the hair by bonding individual pieces to naturally thin hair.
With tape hair extensions, the weight of the extensions is light and does not require glue, tools or fusion-type adhesives to stay in your hair. In a single method application, hair extensions are glued together with a piece of tape, rather than pinning two extensions together. By doing this, the weight is cut in half, which is best for thinning hair that causes minimal stress and possible damage.
Microbead hair extensions vs. tape hair extensions. Tape hair extensions cause less damage
There are also microbead hair extensions, which are very small individual pieces of hair that can be taped to the hair to add volume and highlights without altering the natural structure of the hair, minimizing the risk of damage to the hair.
For the most natural, non-damaging hair extensions for thinning hair, you should consider using taped hair extensions to add volume and length to thinning hair. Just make sure to use the one-sided application method for thin hair. This is the solution to thinning hair, and hair extensions are finally available for people with thinning hair.
If you prefer the strand-by-strand method of hair extensions and you have thin hair, you may want to try micro-tape extensions rather than micro-bead extensions or fusion extensions, which can cause a lot of damage.