How to Clip In Hair Extensions – Step By Step Tutorial
Clip-in hair extensions are your best choice for a zero-damage makeover. You can clip them in and out whenever you want!
What you’ll need.
- your fav set of IM clip in extensions
- a detangling brush
- a hair clip(to put your hair up)
- a mirror(to make sure everything is in its right place,especially at the back)
step 1: Brush and Organize.
Comb through your hair and hair extensions to get rid of any tangles. Continue to organize your hair extensions, grouping them by size.
Use two mirrors, front and back. This will make it easier for you to see which piece of hair is in place on your head.
step 2: Bigger Wefts First, Smaller Wefts After.
First, clip weft of clips 3 and 4 starting at the bottom of your head and working your way up. Clip the middle clips first, then use the side clips to secure them to your hair. Feel free to stack as many weft strands as you see fit, but don’t go past the middle of your head (ear line) to keep the hair in the clips from showing through. Finish by adding smaller weft strands.
Two clip-in hair strands will be placed on the sides of the head to add volume. The remaining 1 clip hair piece can be used to cover any position between the other hair pieces. Consider these to be your extra clip-in hair pieces to add volume!
step 3: Style!
After clipping on all the weft you need, brush out all your hair and start styling. By curling or straightening the real hair clips along with your natural hair, you will ensure that the blend is perfect and the result looks natural.
- Clip the human hair extensions close to the roots
- Use dry shampoo/hairspray for a better grip
- Stack two virgin human hair wefts together for a faster process
- Add our one piece clip in hair extensions for more volume